Book Reviews by Today, I Read…

A Continuous Book Review and Vocabulary Assignment

March 31

Add Comment

Waiting on Wednesday: If It Has “Pandemonium” In the Title, It Must Be Good

by Ann-Katrina

Thanks to Jill at Breaking the Spine, I present another edition of Waiting on Wednesday…

Can I be honest and just say that I love the cover? It’s the first thing I noticed and it alone has me 98% sold on this book. (But since I have never purchased a book solely on the cover, I’ll add that the remaining 2% was covered by the book’s description.)

The Clockwork Angel The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book 1) by Cassandra Clare is scheduled for publication on August 31, 2010 and can be pre-ordered from Amazon.

Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London’s Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What’s more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa’s power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: James, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm’s length . . . everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world. . . . and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

Comments on Waiting on Wednesday: If It Has “Pandemonium” In the Title, It Must Be Good

  1. # Kay wrote on March 31, 2010 at 9:57 am:

    Everyone seems really excited about this… I guess I really should get started on my copy of City of Bones!

    And yep, that cover is super gorgeous!

  2. # Jan@eatingyabooks wrote on March 31, 2010 at 12:25 pm:

    I have seen this one mentioned a few times and I think that it sounds very mysterious and exciting. Good pick

  3. # Kris (Voracious YAppetite) wrote on March 31, 2010 at 3:21 pm:

    This is defintely The Book on everyone’s radar lately, lol. Cassandra Clare is insanely amazing. All her book covers are beautiful! Great pick!
    .-= Kris (Voracious YAppetite)´s last blog ..Waiting on Wednesday (4) =-.

Add Your Own

Your name and email address are required, however, your email address will not be shown.

CommentLuv badge

© Copyright 2005-2024 Today, I Read…. All Rights Reserved. (Please don't steal.)